Sponsored links


Valid XHTML 1.0!
Valid CSS!
Product: Book - Paperback
Title: Microsoft .NET Distributed Applications: Integrating XML Web Services and .NET Remoting
Publisher: Microsoft Press
Authors: Matthew MacDonald
Rating: 5/5
Customer opinion - 5 stars out of 5
Informative as well as suprisingly useful for 70-310


Having recently passed 70-310, I found this book to be exceedingly helpful in cementing certain .NET distributed concepts for the exam-- meanwhile, related MCAD/MCSD study guides like those from Sybex and Microsoft (?!) came up short...

Chapters 1-9 of this book provided clear explanations and working examples for 70% of the content I encountered on my recent exam, while topics covered equally well in Chapters 11-15 accounted for the remaining 30%. Even Windows Services can be found about mid-way through Chapter 7.

If you are keen on moving into distributed .NET programming and/or preparing for 70-310 (like me), I would highly recommend this book. I would not have earned my MCAD credential without it...



Product: Book - Paperback
Title: MCAD/MCSD Training Guide (70-320): Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with Visual C# .NET and the .NET Framework
Publisher: Que
Authors: Amit Kalani, Priti Kalani
Rating: 4/5
Customer opinion - 4 stars out of 5
Good book


Like another book for exam 70-315 by Amit,this book is also an excellent resource for MCAD and MCSD.NET exams. I passed my MCAD.NET and MCSD.NET exams. This book provided helpful detail on the exam topics. This book cover good detail on remoting, window services and web services topics.



Product: Book - Paperback
Title: Networking for Dummies, Sixth Edition
Publisher: For Dummies
Authors: Doug Lowe, Doug Lowe
Rating: 4/5
Customer opinion - 4 stars out of 5
Learn to communicate with the Network Thugs in one day!


This book is very good at describing how networks function. It's very nicely setup as well. I would highly recommend this book to anyone looking for an Intermediate level of understanding of networks. I especially liked the introductions to wide scale corporate networks.



Product: Book - Paperback
Title: Maya 6 Killer Tips (Killer Tips)
Publisher: New Riders Press
Authors: Eric Hanson, Kenneth Ibrahim, Alex Nijmeh
Rating: 5/5
Customer opinion - 5 stars out of 5
A must have!


Needless to say they have done it again. This book contains a plethora of information, old and new. And for those who demand substance they have added a little over a hundred additional pages of information. A must have for the Maya artist.